Winners of the Hollywood Beauty Awards 2016 22 March 2016
The second Annual Hollywood Beauty Awards have been very popular this year. Indeed, great celebrities of the cinema and television industry gathered to celebrate the hidden beauty designers.
Obviously, journalists went crazy about the event; here are some of their reviews:
Ericka Franklin in WWD writes: “The event, which supported Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, is only in its second year and there were a few gaffes, such as technical issues and slow-to-the-stage presenters, which led a playful Kelly Osbourne to dub it as “the most awkward” and “enjoyable” award show she’s been to.”
Julie Miller in Vanity Fair shares a funny fact about Johnny Depp: “Onstage at the Hollywood Beauty Awards on Sunday, Depp joked about his “vagabond” style, according to Us Weekly, noting that he was once voted best and worst dressed by the same magazine—a rare achievement that the good-humored actor seems to have relished. The Black Mass star also described meeting fans who had the gall to rag on his style—before paying him one compliment.”
According to Jodi Guglielmi from People Magazine, Melanie Griffith and her mother made a stunning appearance: “Griffith, 58, walked the red carpet with her mother, iconic Hitchcock beauty Tippi Hedren, on Sunday – and the two proved the apple doesn’t fall far from the super-stylish tree. They both wore long black gowns featuring sequins and lace”
Heidi Klum was equally greatly complimented by the Daily Mail “the German made sure her hemline boasted a high slit that showcased her terrifically toned right thigh. And her sidekick, celebrity hairstylist Wendy Iles [winner of the Kathryn Blondell Award For Hairstyling], will have certainly approved of the way she had her long golden tresses styled in a classic middle parting.”
Even Oprah Winfrey published an Instagram photo to congratulate her friend Derrick Rutledge, winner of the Laini Thompson Award for Makeup.
Here is finally the list of the winners of 2016:
- Sterfon Demings Award For Hairstyling:
Kiyah Wright (Works with Tyra Banks, Ciara, Iggy Azalea)
- Kathryn Blondell Award For Hairstyling:
Wendy Iles (Works with Heidi Klum, Marion Cotillard, Cate Blanchett)
- Mike Smithson Award For Makeup:
John Stapleton (Works with MAC, Kelly Osbourne, Margaret Cho)
- Laini Thompson Award For Makeup:
Derrick Rutledge (Works with Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Kenya Moore)
Mylah Morales (Works with Rihanna, Tinashe, Keke Palmer)
- Norman Seeff Award For Photography:
Jeff Kravitz (Shoots for Getty, MTV, Capitol Records, Disney, etc.)
The Hollywood Beauty Awards also remitted some Special Honoree Awards:
- Special Recognition Award to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Fragrance of the Year: Dior’s Sauvage presented to Pamela Baxter (President/CEO Perfumes & Cosmetics Americas At LVMH, President Christian Dior Couture), presented by Johnny Depp
- Beauty Enhancement Award: Dr. Jason B. Diamond presented by Rebecca Gayheart
- Timeless Beauty Award: Melanie Griffith
- New Beauty Awards: Clare Bowen (Nashville), Chaley Rose (Nashville), Sofia Reyes (Hit Mexican Pop Recording Artist). Both Clare Bowen and Chaley Rose were wearing unique dresses designed by couturier Nabil Hayari.
- Celebrity Presenters: Orlando Jones (Sleepy Hollow), Tamara Taylor (Bones), Jackée (227, Sister, Sister), Rick Baker (7-time Oscar winning Makeup Artist), Dr. Charles Elachi (Director of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory), Alex Meneses (NBC’s Telenovela), Jose Moreno Brooks (NBC’s Telenovela) Nicole Williams (E!’s WAGS), Sophia Pierson (E!’s WAGS), Kelly Osbourne, Angie Harmon and more.
- Celebrities Attending: Johnny Depp, Heidi Klum, Melanie Griffith, Tippi Hedren, Kelly Rowland, Eric Dane, Sam Palladio, Amy Paffrath, Chastity Dotson and more.